Friday, October 5, 2018

Love at fist sight, and other life-changing topics with guest author Jen Geigle Johnson

Today it is my pleasure to interview historical romance author Jen Geigle Johnson. What a fun interview!

My first question is: Love at first sight.  Is it possible?

Absolutely. There is a certain magnetism that happens between two people, and it’s magic, it can be love at first sight when this initial zing is followed by respect and a sense of humor. Then BAM. They’re both goners.

I get that! What do you love about historical romance? 

I LOVE history. I think real-life stories are by far the most interesting and I love to bring to light almost forgotten people or circumstances.

I love that, too! Have you ever created a villain or killed off a character who was based on someone you know?

I named a character after my uncle not knowing he was going to die at the end of the book, and interestingly, my uncle died when I was young, of cancer. The sad part about all this is my sister named her son this same name and was not too happy the character died at the end of the book.

Wow, that’s rough. What advice do you give aspiring authors? 

Push through the hard times. It is so worth it.

It is! What do you do for fun (besides write)?

I have six awesome children. I love them. The youngest is nine. He still likes hugs. And my eldest is twenty and she is fun–like an adult friend. I have every age in between. We like to ski, play in the water, and hike mountains together.

Wow! I have six children, too. Good for you! What are you working on now?

I am planning a whole series of Regency stories set in Bath, England. What a quirky town.

Okay, here’s the bonus round:

Favorite dessert? MMMMM Key lime pie

Favorite flower? Hydrangeas

Favorite vacation destination? Destin Florida or Sienna Italy

Dark, milk or white chocolate? None, I am a strange soul who doesn’t like chocolate

Wow, you don’t like chocolate? I guess that means I won’t have to fight you for dessert! Anything else you’d like to include?

You’re invited to my REGENCY HOUSE PARTY.

Regency House Party started with a setting. Wentworth Woodhouse still stands today as England’s largest private dwelling. With 365 rooms, including a fish hatchery, conservatory, multiple music rooms, bear cave, dungeon type room, nurseries, bedrooms, and all others you would expect and some you wouldn’t, even an armory, it became the perfect place to tell five romances.

Our guests attend a ten-day house party together with our hostess The Countess Du’Breven, her pug, Wellington, her footman, and staff. They interact with each other in all the stories and we share the same timeline. And so, as a result, we have created five stand-alone romances set in a fascinating setting. We hope you enjoy each one and until you have the complete set.

Regency England at Christmas time? Look for my story in a new anthology 2018.

Women’s Suffrage during the Regency time period? You bet and when I tell the story, it is filled with romance! Coming soon!

Coming to America and Maid in Disguise. Two popular movie titles. What could they possibly have to do with a Regency romance novel?

Author bio:

An award-winning author, including the GOLD in Foreword INDIES Book of the Year Awards, Jen Geigle Johnson discovered her passion for England while kayaking on the Thames near London as a young teenager. She once greeted an ancient turtle under the water by grabbing her fin. She knows all about the sound a water-ski makes on glassy water and how to fall down steep moguls with grace. During a study break date in college, she sat on top of a jeep’s roll bars up in the mountains and fell in love.

Now, she loves to share bits of history that might otherwise be forgotten. Whether in Regency England, the French Revolution, or Colonial America, her romance novels are much like life is supposed to be: full of adventure. She is a member of the RWA, the SCBWI, and LDStorymakers. She is also the chair of the Lonestar.Ink writing conference.

Website: http://www.jengeiglejohnson.com

Twitter–@authorjen

Instagram–@authorlyjen


Love at fist sight, and other life-changing topics with guest author Jen Geigle Johnson posted first on http://donnahatchnovels.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment